Saturday, November 6, 2010

A New Park

Today the boys and I went to a new playground over at Rowville. We hadn't been there before so I didn't know what to expect, but had been told it was a fabulous playground and we weren't let down.

The boys didn't know where we were going except that it was somewhere free (I'm broke after buying my new little laptop) and we had a picnic packed.

As soon as we pulled up at the park their faces lit up and there was sounds of "Oh cool!! Thanks Mum!!" We unloaded my basket and the food, and then they disappeared on their scooters.

The great thing about this playground is that it has plenty for kids to climb on, swing on, slide down, climb up, whizz around on, get dizzy on, hide under, and on and on. Plus it had a concrete path that went all around the outside, plus wiggled it's way through the middle as well, so they could ride their scooters as well.

There was also a path down to some outdoor basketball courts too, so they happily rode down there as well.

We had chicken chip sandwiches, cookies and cordial for lunch and I loaded them up with sunscreen and hats as the weather became quite warm as the afternoon went on.

They disappeared for ages at a time and every now and then I'd see then run somewhere or their heads pop up so I knew all was okay. I don't think I would take Toby (4) there by himself to play, but it was perfect for the two boys together.

I happily sat and crocheted some more dishcloths for Christmas gifts and caught up on a few knitting/spinning podcasts on my ipod.

It was a lovely afternoon, and even better because it was free! I reckon we'll be using this park quite a bit on the Christmas school holidays coming up very soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment