Monday, May 17, 2010

Roving & Locks - Playing With Color

Hi all, well there's been lots happening in our little house over the past couple of weeks, hence the lack of blogging.

I've been doing some more roving dyeing and playing around with colors again. This one is space dyed, that's where you dye and set one section at a time.

Here you can see where I've finished the yellow dye and turned the roving to dye the other half purple. Clothes hangers are soooo handy!

This is how the pot looks when all the dye has discharged into the roving. It makes me really happy when I see the dye has ALL been discharged like this, that there's absolutely NO runoff left.

Here's the final result, I'm pretty happy with it and it'll be interesting to see how it spins up.

Remember the Romney X fleece I washed the other week? Well I wanted to try dyeing some locks and see how they came out, so I just used some dye in old ice-cream containers, then steamed it in oven bags.





It was a really fun afternoon dyeing these fibres and I'm excited to start spinning them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment